Current Vacancies - February 2020
(Part-Time - 1 day per week, 12 mth Fixed Term Contract)
Closing Date: Thursday 19 March 2020 (5.30pm)
Safetynet Medical Director (Part Time - 1 day per week, 12 mth Fixed Term Contract )
Safetynet Characteristics & Values:
Pragmatism, Lack of Prejudice, Optimism, Boldness, Enthusiasm, Committed, Kindness, Positivity, Self-awareness, Sense of Social Justice, Sense of humour, Compassion, Integrity, Empathy, Tenacity, Imagination, Respect, Openness, Patience, Idealism and Vision.
Are you a GP who wants to make a difference?
Do you aspire to the characteristics and values above?
If so come work for Safetynet Primary Care!
Safetynet Primary Care is a Medical Charity providing services to those in our society most in need of health care but without access to appropriate care. Safetynet innovatively removes barriers by bringing healthcare to homeless people and vulnerable groups in hostels, food halls, drop-in services and by providing a mobile health service to rough sleepers. Safetynet also aims to improve access for patients to mainstream primary and secondary care services.
Safetynet is currently recruiting for a Medical Director (Part Time - 1 day per week) to strengthen its Clinical Governance through clinical risk reduction and quality improvement and to make recommendations on the future development of the post.
• Mentoring and supporting clinical staff
• Ensuring quality standards in the provision of clinical care
• Ensuring clinical staff have appropriate qualifications and experience for scope of practice
• Working closely with the CEO and senior management team to ensure appropriate clinical standards in tandem with
• Identifying areas for clinical audit
• Identification and input to the development of clinical policies and protocols
• Identification of clinical risks with clinical leads and staff
• Report on clinical services to the Clinical Governance Committee
• Support clinical risk assessment in services
• Participation in recruitment and selection of medical and nursing staff
• Oversight of continuing professional education, in-service training and orientation of new medical staff.
• Oversight of student/trainee/registrar placements
• Contribution to the organisation’s strategy, development and growth and the ongoing review and rationalization/
consolidation of current clinical services
• Liaison with clinical external stakeholders, including the HSE, NGOs and the Dublin hospital based Inclusion Health teams
• Identify/ promote models and initiatives which optimise efficiency, effectiveness and quality in the delivery of clinical
services to marginalized populations
The above Job Description is not intended to be a comprehensive list of all duties involved and consequently, the post holder may be required to perform other duties as appropriate to the post which may be assigned to him/her from time to time and to contribute to the development of the post while in office.
Requirements and Qualifications
1. Candidates must hold MICGP qualification.
2. Candidates must be entered on the Specialist Division of the Register (General Practice), Irish Medical Council
3. Candidates will have more than three years’ experience post gp training and have significant experience working with
vulnerable groups and services that adapt significantly to meet the needs of the patient group.
4. Candidates shall be in a state of health that indicates a reasonable prospect of ability to provide regular and efficient service.
Qualifications as above plus:
• Demonstrate a high level of clinical and professional knowledge relevant to the role
• Demonstrate experience of working with marginalized groups in the health care sector
• Demonstrate a high degree of commitment, professionalism and dedication to the philosophy of quality health care
Leadership and Team Skills
• Flexibility and openness to change an ability to lead and support others in a changing environment
• Ability to foster a learning culture amongst staff and colleagues to drive continuous improvement in services to patients
• Ability to work collaboratively with different disciplines
• Aptitude for problem-solving
• Negotiation and relationship-building abilities.
Commitment to Quality Service
• Demonstrate understanding of, and commitment to, the underpinning requirements and key processes in providing quality
patient centered care
• Demonstrate an ability to monitor and evaluate clinical performance and levels of care
Communication and Interpersonal Skills
• Display effective interpersonal and communication (verbal and written) skills including skills in multi-disciplinary working and
the ability to collaborate with colleagues, internal and external stakeholders
• Ability to give constructive feedback
• Demonstrate competency in general use of information technology-computers, internet for research purposes, email,
preparation of presentation materials etc.
Competitive salary offered and the opportunity to work with experienced multidisciplinary teams.
For further information please contact or call 087 162 8663
Application process: Please provide a cover letter and CV demonstrating your suitability for this exciting position to
Deadline Thursday 19th March 2020 (5.30pm)
Safetynet Primary Care is an equal opportunities employer.
Safetynet Primary Care - Medical professionals caring for society’s marginalised
Safetynet Primary Care is a Medical Charity providing services to those in our society most in need of health care but without access to appropriate care. Safetynet innovatively remove barriers by bringing healthcare to homeless people and vulnerable groups in hostels, food halls, drop-in services and by providing a mobile health service to rough sleepers. Safetynet also aims to improve access for patients to mainstream primary and secondary care services.
Safetynet's Characteristics and Values
Pragmatism, Lack of Prejudice, Optimism, Boldness, Enthusiasm, Committed, Kindness, Positivity, Self-awareness, Sense of Social Justice, Sense of humour, Compassion, Integrity, Empathy, Tenacity, Imagination, Respect, Openness, Patience, Idealism, Vision
If you are a medical professional (GP, Nurse) and would like to register your interest in future vacancies - please email: